www.precisionfunding.com.au is a website owned and operated by XL Financial Pty Ltd (trading as Precision Funding ABN 56 154 972 031)
We need to collect personal information about you to provide you with our broking & related services.
This privacy statement tells you how we collect your information, what we use the information for and
who we share the information with. If we collect information that can be used to identify you, we will
take reasonable steps to notify you of that collection.
How information is collected from you
We will collect your information from you directly whenever we can, like from enquiries we make of
you when you seek credit assistance from us. We may verify that information from sources referred
to in the responses to those enquiries or in this privacy statement.
How information is collected from other sources
Sometimes we will collect information about you from other sources as the Privacy Act 1988 permits.
- We will do this only if it’s reasonably necessary to do so, for example, where:
- we collect information from third parties about a loan or lease in relation to which you seek our
- we can’t get hold of you and we rely on public information to update your contact details; or
- we exchange information with your legal or financial advisers or other representatives.
When the law authorises or requires collection of information
Some law may require us to collect personal information about you. For example, we may require
your information to verify your identity under Australian Anti-Money Laundering law.
How your information may be used
- We may use your information for purposes including:
- giving you credit assistance;
- giving you information about loan products or related services;
- considering whether you are eligible for a loan or lease or any related service you requested;
- assisting you to prepare an application for a lease or a loan;
- administering services we provide, for example, to answer requests or deal with complaints;
- administering payments we receive, or any payments we make, relating to your loan or lease;
- identifying you;
- telling you about other products or services we make available and that may be of interest to you,
- unless you tell us not to;
- telling you about other suppliers, with whom we have arrangements, that supply goods or
- services that may be of interest to you;
- allowing us to run our business efficiently and perform general administrative tasks;
- preventing or investigating any fraud or crime or any suspected fraud or crime;
- as required by law, regulation or codes binding us; and
- any purpose to which you have consented.
You can let us know at any time if you no longer wish to receive direct marketing offers from us. We
will process your request as soon as practicable.
What happens if you don’t provide information
- If you don’t provide your information to us, it may not be possible to:
- assist in finding a loan or lease relevant to your circumstances;
- verify your identity or protect against fraud; or
- let you know about products or services that might be suitable for your financial needs.
Sharing Your Information
We may use and share your information with other organisations for any purpose described above.
Sharing with your representatives and referees
- We may share your information with:
- your representative or any person acting on your behalf (for example, lawyers, settlement agents,
accountants or real estate agents); and
- your referees, like your employer, to confirm details about you.
Sharing with third parties
We may share your information with third parties in relation to services we provide to you or goods or
services in which we reasonably consider you may be interested. Those third parties may include:
- the mortgage aggregator through whom we may submit loan or lease applications to lenders or
lessors on the mortgage aggregator’s panel;
- the Australian Credit Licence holder that authorises us to engage in credit activities;
- referrers that referred your business to us;
- financial services suppliers with whom we have arrangements;
- lenders, lessors, lender’s mortgage insurers and other loan or lease intermediaries;
- organisations, like fraud reporting agencies, that may identify, investigate and/or prevent fraud,
- suspected fraud, crimes, suspected crimes, or other misconduct;
- government or regulatory bodies as required or authorised by law. In some instances, these
- bodies may share the information with relevant foreign authorities;
- guarantors and prospective guarantors of your loan or lease;
- service providers, agents, contractors and advisers that assist us to conduct our business;
- any organisation that wishes to take an interest in our business or assets; and
- any third party to which you consent to us sharing your information.
Sharing outside of Australia
We may use Australian companies to process data specifically for finance and administration
purposes – and those companies may utilise employees overseas. We may store your information in
cloud or other types of networked or electronic storage. As electronic or networked storage can be
accessed from various countries via an internet connection, it’s not always practicable to know in
which country your information may be held.
us to access and seek to correct information we hold about you and how you may complain against
us about a privacy issue.
Information about other people
If you give information to us about another person (like your co-applicant) in relation to the services
we provide, you will let that other person know that:
- we have collected their information to provide those services or for any other purpose set out in
this privacy notice;
- we may exchange this information with other organisations set out in this privacy notice;
notice and they can:
– access the information we hold about that other person,
by using our contact details above; and
we may not be able to provide those services to you unless we obtain their information.